Some People I DON'T Want to Punch in the Throat

I'm pretty excited this week because my little blog is starting to gain some ground.  It started yesterday when I was at a child's birthday party.  I was hanging out with a group of moms and one of them spoke up and said, "You guys need to read this blog I just found.  It's hilarious.  It's called People I Want to Punch or something like that."

I said, "It's called People I Want to Punch in the Throat."

She said, "Yes!  That's it!  It's so funny."

"Thanks," I said.  "I write it."

"YOU do??"  She was shocked.  You can tell she's someone who never thought I was funny in real life.  That's OK, I get that a lot.  I take a while to warm up in person.

This was the first time I've ever heard a stranger talking about ANYTHING I've ever written (positive or negative) and I was pretty pleased.  I even blushed.  (I hate being so damn pale!)

Then today, I was looking at my blog stats (I'm a tad obsessed with those suckers) and I noticed I was getting a lot of traffic from Annette FunnyJello's blog.  I had not had a chance to read Annette's post yesterday so I didn't realize that she'd told her followers that she'd like to invite me to a picnic and be BFFs - read the post, it's really funny.

This is the first time I've ever been mentioned on anyone's blog, so I'm really psyched about that too.

I feel a little bit like Sally Field right now.  I know, I know.  I'm an idiot.  I'm a conceited idiot who likes to be validated by strangers.  I own it.  You can punch me for it.  I'm OK with that.  When I started this blog a couple of months ago I was sure that only my mother and the Hubs would read it.  I knew my mom would like it (what DOESN'T she like that I do?) and I figured the Hubs would give "constructive criticism" and we'd end up fighting (NOOO, I don't want to punch Julian Schnabel.  I don't care that he's an ugly whore!)

OK, now I gotta get back to work and punch someone - NOT punching people isn't very fun!

2 comments:

BNM said...

your blog needs to be out there you are hilarious :D

Sandra said...

Oh gosh we all love ourselves some validation! Congrats on your success! Much more to come!

Overachieving Elf on the Shelf Mommies

By now we have all heard of the adorable little Elf on the Shelf . Almost everyone I know has one.  Some people even have two!  (Now I'...

Popular Posts